Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Final Countdown

No, I'm not talking about where we are in the production schedule, I'm talking about our special surprise today.

Ladies and gentlemen, after many many delays I present to you

David Hammerfist: The Final Countdown!



Just a bit of back story, this is the first appearance of our hero David Hammerfist and it originated as my 220 film here at Loyola Marymount University. It's not very good to be honest with you, but there are some great ideas and some pretty well executed dialog if I do say so myself. The film was created entirely by me. I animated. I inked it. I colored it. I cast and recorded the voices. The only things that are not by me are the couple of stills during the closing credits. This film was first created in the Fall of 2005, but this version is brand spanking new. I fixed some weird camera moves and re-edited/re-made the ending using new footage from a flash game version of the story that I made in Fall 2006. The game experimented with some 3D effects that I think looked much better. You decide on the results, but I assure it is superior to what was there. So while this film still may not be Disney-hell, not even Hanna-Barbera quality, it does have some life to it. As well as an early Steve: The Indecisive Tile Customer. Whom I just can't get enough of.

So I really hope for two things by posting this. 1) It will hype everyone up for HoF and 2) All of you will share it with your friends and spread it around the net.

I think the content already posted on this site already shows how much better Hammerfist of Fury will be than The Final Countdown so I hope you will all stay tuned.

Oh, and make sure you watch all the way through the credits for a classic David rant about America.

-Matthew

No comments: