Wednesday, January 30, 2008

2 minutes

We officially have over two minutes of rough animation done. Rough. I'm the cleanup guy, so that means I have a lot of work to do. For those of you unsure of what "cleanup" does, its really where I come in and give definite lines to JJ's primary animation and then I add in some secondary animation. What is the difference between Primary and secondary animation you say?

Well, imagine someone turning around quickly to swipe with a sword. The general turning around movement, and the movement of the sword would be considered primary animation. But if that was all that moved, it would look a bit stale right? That's where secondary animation comes in. The movement of the character's hair, and small details in the clothes, those would be considered secondary animation (as far as I know).

It can get pretty time consuming too! Originally I thought things were taking long to clean up because I was doing some of the tougher, more full bodied sequences. But I'm realizing that we have a lot of complex shots that need some very specific details to make them read well. So....uh....yeah, we have a long way to go. The project runs about 7 minutes so you do the math.

God help me.

Oh and for those of you interested, the SURPRISE will be going up this weekend. It WILL BE GOING UP. It is all done and ready, I just need to throw it on the page. Wonderful. Tell your friends.

Stay Frosty

No comments: