Sunday, March 9, 2008

Well...THAT didn't happen...

I am not at the 2/3 mark in clean up like I wanted to be at the end of this weekend. I won't make the 2/3 mark by tomorrow. *sigh* These fight scene sequences are HARD. Usually full bodied poses and multiple characters. YIKES! I'm not trying to give any excuses but I just thought I should have an explanation for you guys. It has been a fun week though. I literally was in the lab all day long each day working on scenes. Also, JJ and I broke down and bought the Blockbuster all-access pass so we can check out as many movies as we need to keep us from going crazy.

I'm also told that rough animation is pretty much done. WOW. That's quite a feat considering what this beast of a film is, and it is just that: A Beast. Opening, main animation and credits included, this film is going to run close to 10 minutes-far from the original 5 minute plan and miles away from our teacher's "recommended" 2 minute thesis length. The way I see it, I wanted to tell a fun story and not worry about going all "disneyish" with the animation. Although I think our animation creeps a bit away from the Hanna-Barbera dold-for-4-seconds-and-move-mouth-and-eyes and goes into...well, lets just say that JJ wasn't really taking any shortcuts (that most of you will notice) in his primary animation work.

Anyway, it's late and I have to get up somewhat early tomorrow. Sorry there is no media update this week. I promise we'll have something good next week. Maybe even something for Tuesday if you guys are good and give this site plenty of hits. And no, refreshing your browser doesn't count...I'll know.

Til' next time!

-Matthew

No comments: